GLOBUS 2018: California Classics (AA)
10 days from San Francisco to Los Angeles
Call 800-660-7595 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13748869
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||San Francisco||Welcome to the Golden State! At 6 pm, meet your traveling companions for a welcome drink. Your Tour Director will prepare you for your upcoming adventure.|
|Day 2||San Francisco||Enjoy morning sightseeing in one of the world's most beautiful cities. See Golden Gate National Recreation Area, including the Golden Gate Bridge and the Presidio. Also, see Twin Peaks, Fisherman's Wharf, and much more. Next, visit the [LF] JAPANESE TEA GARDEN, the oldest public Japanese garden in the United States. Learn about the history of the park and enjoy time to explore the five acres of native Japanese plants, serene koi ponds, pagodas, and more. Afterward, there's still plenty of time for pursuing your favorite interests and activities-ride the world-famous cable cars, shop in Union Square, or visit the Museum of Modern Art. This evening, enjoy a dinner at a local restaurant. (B,D)|
|Day 3||Napa Valley||Travel across the Golden Gate Bridge this morning to the charming town of Sausalito. Enjoy waterfront views, breathtaking scenery, and a vibrant downtown area with a large variety of shops, restaurants, and art galleries. This afternoon, arrive in world-famous Napa Valley. Visit a local VINEYARD for a tour and tasting. This evening is free to explore more on your own. (B)|
|Day 4||Yosemite National Park||Travel southward through the Sierra Nevadas to YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK. Yosemite has innumerable lakes, meadows, ice-sculpted domes, forests, waterfalls, and unspoiled alpine scenery. Descend into the 4,000-foot valley, where you'll board an open-air TRAM to explore the famous sites of El Capitan, Cathedral Spires, Yosemite Falls, and Half Dome. The scenery is nothing short of spectacular! (B)|
|Day 5||Monterey||Before departing Yosemite National Park, visit Mariposa Grove, home to 500 mature sequoias. Stand in awe as you look skyward at these massive giants, the Earth's largest and longest living organisms. Then, on to Monterey and Cannery Row, immortalized by John Steinbeck in his novel of the same name. (B)|
|Day 6||Monterey||Enjoy a visit to the resort town of Carmel, a popular haven for writers, artists, and celebrities. A high point on today's journey is the beautiful 17-MILE DRIVE, with views of famous Pebble Beach Golf Course and the tenacious Lone Cypress. Return to Monterey for a [LF] behind-the-scenes tour at the world-famous MONTEREY BAY AQUARIUM. Learn about the marine life found in the bay, such as sea otters, humpback whales, white sharks, and more. (B,L)|
|Day 7||Solvang||This morning, journey south through Big Sur to San Simeon and visit HEARST CASTLE, the opulent mansion of wealthy newspaper tycoon William Randolph Hearst, which houses splendid antiques, art treasures, and exotic possessions purchased at an estimated $50 million. The tour shows off the highlights of the impressive 123-acre estate. Continue to Solvang for an overnight stay. (B)|
|Day 8||Los Angeles||Visit downtown Solvang, where Denmark has been recreated with picturesque buildings and windmills. [LF] Enjoy coffee and a DANISH SPECIALTY at a local bakery, with free time to browse through the charming shops featuring Danish imports. Travel through the Santa Ynez Mountains to beautiful Santa Barbara, where the Spanish influence is apparent in quaint whitewashed and tile-roofed buildings. Visit the impressive 200-year-old MISSION with its world-famous twin bell towers. Afterward, enjoy a leisurely stroll along the wharf. Continue to metropolitan Los Angeles, the motion picture capital of the world. (B)|
|Day 9||Los Angeles||Morning sightseeing of this gigantic metropolis takes you from Olvera Street-the oldest thoroughfare in the city-to Hollywood. Step into the shoeprints of famous movie stars at TCL Chinese Theatre, and see Sunset Strip and Beverly Hills. Later, visit the GETTY MUSEUM, housing a collection of Western art from the Middle Ages to the present. This evening, your Tour Director hosts a special farewell dinner. Wonderful conversation and cuisine make the perfect finale for your vacation. (B,D)|
|Day 10||Los Angeles||The tour ends this morning after breakfast with guests departing on individual schedules. Airport transfers are provided. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Gratuities for Tour Director and driver are available for pre-purchase. Prices are per person, based on double room occupancy.Single Room Supplement: $1,060 to $1,125Triple Room Reduction per person: $225 to $240Extra Nights per person in San Francisco:in single room $304; in twin room $178; in triple room $141Extra Nights per person in Los Angeles:in single room $251; in twin room $149; in triple room $120
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).