Brochure Type: The Australia and New Zealand Book 2018
Rediscover your sense of self, awakened by the natural wonders and spectacular scenery of New Zealand's beautiful Bay of Islands, cruising to Cape Brett in the pleasant company of dolphins and through the 'Hole in the Rock' much like the fearless Maori warriors did centuries ago.
- City tour in Auckland and Wellington.
- Cruise to Cape Brett and through the Hole in the Rock.
- Orientation of Rotorua.
- View Mt. Ruapehu, farming lands and spectacular coastal scenery along the Kapiti Coast.
- Visit the Bay of Islands, the Waitomo Caves and Te Papa, Museum of New Zealand.
- 1 afternoon tea (Be My Guest)
- 7 hot buffet breakfasts
- 4 dinners
- Luxury air-conditioned coach with WiFi in most regions or alternative transportation (such as rail journeys)
- Cherry-picked hotels, all tried and trusted
- Hand-picked Insider Experiences
- Optional Experiences and free time
- Porterage, local tips and charges
- Must-see sightseeing and surprise extras
- An expert Travel Director and separate Driver, Driver Guide only on Mini-Stays
- All hotel charges and local taxes
- Airport transfers on the first and last day of your guided holiday
- VIP entry to many sights
Call 800-660-7595 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13704382
- Tour Operator
- Trafalgar Tours
- Offer valid through 3/31/2018
- 8 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Auckland||Arrive Auckland: Welcome to Auckland. On arrival you will be transferred to your hotel (flights to arrive prior to 4pm). Relax and unwind after your journey or spend time exploring the city. Consider an Optional Experience to the Sky Tower for spectacular views of the city. This evening join your Travel Director and fellow travellers for a Welcome Reception.Welcome Reception|
|Day 2||Bay of Islands||Auckland - Bay of Islands (2 Nights): This morning depart Auckland City and travel north over the Harbour Bridge past the sprawling suburbs of the North Shore of Auckland. Our travels then take you through Northland's lush farmland scenery before arriving into the beautiful Bay of Islands. Experience spectacular scenery as you cruise through game fishing waters to Cape Brett and, weather permitting, through the famous 'Hole in the Rock' formation. The return cruise to Paihia meanders through picturesque islands - see deserted sandy beaches and secluded bays and keep your eyes peeled for the marine life. Buffet Breakfast, Dinner with wine|
Copthorne Resort (Water View Room)
|Day 3||Bay of Islands||Bay of Islands Sightseeing: Today your choice of sightseeing: discover local wineries in Kerikeri; take a guided walk through historic Russell; explore the Waitangi Treaty Grounds including a dazzling Maori cultural performance; sail aboard a tall ship at sunset or go dolphin-watching on the bay.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 4||Auckland||Bay of Islands - Auckland: Enjoy a leisurely morning in the Bay of Islands before you travel back to Auckland. Our journey takes us to Whangarei, the northern-most city in New Zealand, where you can wander around the art galleries and through the marina in the Town Basin. Later, enjoy a stop at Parry Kauri Park and take a walk among New Zealand's native forest giants, the Kauri trees. This evening join your Travel Director for a Regional Meal at 'Eight' at The Langham. Your personal degustation is prepared for you from the freshest quality ingredients, including mouth-watering seafood and delicious desserts.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 5||Rotorua||Auckland - Rotorua (2 Nights): After a sightseeing tour of Auckland, head south to trace New Zealand's longest river, the Waikato, to the Waitomo Caves to visit the amazing Glow Worm Grotto. A Local Specialist will lead you through the grotto by boat and you'll walk in the limestone caves. Your journey continues to Rotorua with an orientation tour on arrival. Tonight experience a Maori Hangi feast Regional Meal and concert at the Tamaki Family Marae.Buffet Breakfast, Regional Meal|
|Day 6||Rural Homestay||Rotorua Sightseeing - Rural Homestay: Today your choice of sightseeing: discover Maori culture at Te Puia Maori Arts and Crafts Institute; relax in the seclusion of a private hot mineral pool at the Polynesian Spa; ride the amphibious Rotorua Duck or take a guided tour of the Hobbiton Movie set.Buffet Breakfast|
|Day 7||Wellington||Rotorua - Wellington: View Huka Falls and drive along the shores of Lake Taupo. Discover the alpine scenery of Mt. Ruapehu, Tongariro National Park and the dairy farms of Manawatu. Visit Shenandoah for a Be My Guest experience. The historic villa's owners, Simon and Claudia, will show you around their property, which includes a unique private collection of Harley Davidson motor cycles. Enjoy afternoon tea in their garden then take a short tour to see the local wildlife including friendly Highland cows. Continue to Wellington for a sightseeing tour. Join your Travel Director and new-found friends this evening for a Farewell Dinner.Buffet Breakfast, Be My Guest Dining, Farewell Dinner|
James Cook Grand Chancellor
|Day 8||Depart Wellington||Depart Wellington: Visit Te Papa, the Museum of New Zealand, for your Cultural Insight into Maori life. Explore the fascinating exhibits including their Marae (meeting house). Later, say goodbye to New Zealand as you are transferred to Wellington Airport for your onward flight (flights to depart after 2pm).Buffet Breakfast|
- - These prices are correct at the time of the website going live, however are subject to confirmation at the time of booking.
- All tour information is correct at time of tours going live, however is subject to change, please confirm all details at time of booking.
- For full terms and conditions, please refer to our Conditions page.
- Hotel Class Key: D: Deluxe SF: Superior First Class F: First Class