This is the perfect vacation to see Italy's highlights-from the historical treasures in Rome and the splendid art in Florence to the picturesque, walled medieval town of San Gimignano and the romantic canals in Venice. On this Italy tour, you'll of course visit the famous sights on your sightseeing tours, including the Colosseum in Rome, St. Mark's Basilica in Venice, the glass-domed Galleria in Milan, the medieval square in Siena, Juliet's balcony in Verona, and the Santa Croce Basilica with Michelangelo's tomb in Florence. You'll even join a Venetian lagoon cruise to the picturesque fishing village of Burano, known for its bright pastel-colored houses.But that's not all?Globus has also arranged special adventures and experiences for you on this Italy tour. For example, learn how Chianti wine is made and even sample some at Verrazzano Castle. In Rome, an expert Local Guide will take you to St. Peter in Chains, the 5th-century church that is home to Michelangelo's famous Moses statue, commissioned by Pope Julius II in the early 16th century. Italy is an amazing country filled with beautiful art, magnificent architecture, extensive history, sumptuous cuisine, fine wines, and friendly people. You'll experience its splendor on this fabulous vacation highlighting Italy's most-treasured places. Be sure to pack your camera, because you'll have plenty of photo opportunities along the way.
Call 800-660-7595 for more information or to book today! Mention code 13482891
- Tour Operator
- Offer valid through 9/30/2017
- 10 Days
- Escorted - Yes
|Day 1||Rome||Welcome to Rome! At 5 pm, meet your Tour Director and traveling companions, and enjoy [LF] a special welcome dinner with wine at the rooftop restaurant of your hotel overlooking Rome. (D)|
|Day 2||Rome||Globus' unique guided sightseeing includes inside visits to the VATICAN MUSEUMS and SISTINE CHAPEL with Michelangelo's ceiling paintings and The Last Judgment, and monumental ST. PETER'S SQUARE and BASILICA to admire Michelangelo's Pieta. An optional walking tour with a Local Guide is available to further explore famous sites for those who wish to see it all. (B)|
|Day 3||Rome||This morning, your Local Guide will take you first to [LF] ST. PETER IN CHAINS to see Michelangelo's famous Moses, followed by visits to the magnificent COLOSSEUM and the ROMAN FORUM, where Roman legions marched in triumph. Then, time to savor la dolce vita or join an optional excursion. (B)|
|Day 4||Florence||In Siena, enter the impressive medieval walls and walk through ancient, narrow lanes to PIAZZA DEL CAMPO, site of the biannual Palio, Siena's spectacular medieval-style horse race. Then, continue through unforgettable landscapes of gently rolling, vine-clad hills to hilltop San Gimignano, and walk through the most picturesque of Italy's perfectly preserved medieval towns. Next is Florence, the splendid capital of Tuscany and birthplace of the Renaissance. (B)|
|Day 5||Florence||During your walking tour with a Local Guide, visit the ACADEMY OF FINE ARTS to see Michelangelo's celebrated David. Admire the magnificent cathedral, Giotto's Bell Tower, the Baptistry's heavy bronze 'Gate of Paradise,' sculpture-studded SIGNORIA SQUARE, and visit SANTA CROCE BASILICA with the tomb of Michelangelo. The afternoon is free to shop for Florentine leather goods and gold jewelry sold by the ounce, which are attractive buys. And tonight is your chance to try out the culinary delights of a fine Tuscan restaurant. (B)|
|Day 6||Florence||A fast journey will bring you to Pisa. Here, take the traditional picture pushing back the amazing Leaning Tower, 180 feet high and no less than 12 feet out of the perpendicular. Then, the highlight of today: hear about the fine art of blending four types of grapes to obtain the famous Chianti at VERRAZZANO CASTLE; enjoy [LF] a WINE TASTING and lunch before returning to Florence. (B,L)|
|Day 7||Venice Island||A spectacular drive through the wooded Apennine Mountains brings you to Venice, a powerful magnet for romantics and art lovers from around the globe. Join an unforgettable Venetian LAGOON CRUISE to the picturesque fishing village of Burano, renowned for its bright pastel-colored houses and for its lace making. Take pictures of traditional fishing boats, still used by the island inhabitants. Tonight, you may wish to try out local specialties in one of Venice's excellent restaurants. (B)|
|Day 8||Venice Island||Enter in style by PRIVATE BOAT to ST. MARK'S SQUARE. Meet your Local Guide for a walking tour including visits to the byzantine ST. MARK'S BASILICA, lavish DOGES' PALACE and the BRIDGE OF SIGHS. Also watch a skilled GLASSBLOWER fashion delicate objects in an age-old traditional manner. An optional gondola ride is available. (B)|
|Day 9||Milan||In Verona, the medieval setting of Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet, take pictures of Juliet's balcony and rub the shining breast on her statue for good luck. Next, admire the Arena, an incredibly well-preserved pink marble Roman amphitheater, where gladiators once fought. Built in the 1st century AD, it is now the magical venue for world-famous opera performances. Then, on to the dynamic city of Milan, hub of Italy's economic miracle. Visit the MUSEUM of the famous La Scala Opera House, the glass-domed GALLERIA, and admire the magnificent gothic Duomo. A special farewell dinner with wine at a local restaurant has been prepared as a proper way to say arrivederci, Italia! (B,D)|
|Day 10||Milan||Your vacation ends with breakfast this morning. (B)|
- US$ Price Details
Prices based on double room occupancy.Single room supplement:$389Triple room reduction per person:$121Extra nights per person in Rome:in single room $127-$199, in twin $88-$144, in triple $75-$113Extra nights per person in Milan:in single room $137-$354, in twin $92-$302, in triple $85-$234
Travel Terms & Conditions
The purchase of any travel services offered by Globus, constitutes a contractual arrangement between you (the Traveler) and Globus, and represents your acceptance of the Terms & Conditions. Please ensure that you read carefully and understand the Terms & Conditions prior to booking. These Terms & Conditions cover Deposit & Final Payment information, Air-Inclusive Deposits & Final Payment, Revisions & Revision Fees, Air Arrangements, Participation, Travelers Who Need Special Assistance, Young Travelers, Smoking, Price Policy, Visas and Passports, Hotels & Accommodations, Baggage Allowance, Travel Documents, Not Included in the Land Price, Refunds, Service Inquires After the Vacation, Holidays, Safety, Photos & Pictures, Optional Excursions, and Responsibility.
- Vacation departures, itineraries and prices are subject to change.
- A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit is required for Globus to reserve space for you. View Terms & Conditions for limited exceptions.
- The following charges are not included in the land vacation price unless otherwise noted: airfare to and from the start of your vacation; Intra-vacation air unless specified in the itinerary; airline baggage fees including checked and/or excess baggage fees; Federal inspection fees for the Federal U.S. Customs and Immigrations; International Air Transportation tax; agricultural tax; other per person taxes imposed by government entities; airport taxes and fees including the September 11th Security fee up to $11.20 per person, passenger facility charges up to $18 per person, Federal domestic flight segment fees up to $4.00 per segment, and U.S. and International arrival and departure and other government-imposed added by the airline and applicable at time of booking; port taxes; passports; visas (except on Cuba programs) and vaccinations; tips to your Tour or Cruise Director, Globus Group Leader in Cuba, Local Host, driver, Local Guides, and/or ship's crew; gratuities on ferries, trains, and cruise ships; laundry; telephone; minibar; alcohol, beverages, and food outside of the contracted Globus menu as presented at a hotel or restaurant or onboard your vessel (these extra items will be billed to you before leaving the hotel, ship, or restaurant); airport transfers on non-qualifying flights; optional excursions; additional activities and excursions purchased online; porterage at airports and train stations; Travel Protection; and all other items of a personal nature.
Booking your Vacation with Air
For air departure dates within 331 days, you'll be offered a choice of carriers and flight schedules as well as price points to choose from when selecting your flights. Your schedule will be provided to you at the time of booking (schedules are subject to change by carriers). Globus offers 2 air options: Flex Air and Instant Purchase Air. Flex Air allows flexibility if you want to make changes to your vacation schedule. Instant Purchase Air may offer additional airline options but has more restrictions. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. Guaranteed air-inclusive prices: air is only available to passengers traveling from the United States and only available when booked in conjunction with a land vacation. An additional $300 per person non-refundable air deposit is required for Flex Air booked in conjunction with any land vacation (i.e. air-inclusive vacation). Air can only be booked by Globus in conjunction with a vacation package. Instant Purchase Air requires air payment in full at time of booking (i.e. air-inclusive vacation) plus non-refundable per person service fee ($30 for North/Central America, $50 for Europe/Middle East and $80 for all other destinations. Once booked, Instant Purchase Air is non-refundable, and non-changeable. Some vacations may only offer one Air type option. However, once your airfare is confirmed and Globus has received your full air and land deposit, your air-inclusive vacation price is guaranteed.
Air-Inclusive Vacations - Applicable Taxes & Fees
Air-inclusive vacations include government-imposed taxes and fees applicable at the time of booking and will be shown as a Total Amount. Additional airline fees for baggage may apply. At the time of booking your air-inclusive vacation online, carrier Websites will be provided to check baggage fees, or you can visit www.iflybags.com for up-to-date baggage pricing/restrictions. For return travel from some countries, international travelers are required to pay entry and/or exit fees at the airport. These fees will be collected by the local government and are payable by the traveler at time of travel. Your confirmation booking information will contain information about these fees.
* The "Starting at" or listed price is based on the lowest price available to book. Price is per passenger based on double occupancy and does not include airfare; additional fees/charges are not included. If a price is crossed out, the new price shown includes a limited time promotional offer(s) - please review current promotions or deals for additional information. Some tours require intra-vacation flights (and in some cases intra-vacation segments must be purchased from Globus).